Wednesday, October 19, 2005

In the Sights

Ahoy Mates !! Down here in (well, near) Margaritaville, I'm beginning to sense the eye of my late maiden aunt Wilma, for whom I never had cause for feelings of affection. Did someone put an X on my back? The good news is that I have found a great boat at a price we can afford. For the boat curious, its a Pearson 365 ketch. This is a design Donna said "How about a ...", and I scoffed and said "They're not real quick." (For the new-to-boatspeak, a ketch has two masts, taller one in front, shorter one behind.) The broker I'm working with suggested the design, and I lifted an eyebrow about speed.... He said he had owned two of them, and they were quicker than generally believed. Since Skip is a dead-ringer for my dead Father and I liked what I had seen of interior drawings, we went to see one. Verrry nice. Cheap! Looked at another one this morning. Verrry dirty, a bit rough, waaay overpriced. Another this afternoon. Way better even than the first one. Skip was purring and drooling. He and I meet tomorrow A.M. for breakfast and to draw up an offer. Donna is EXCITED! Neill is EXCITED!! Tesla is stretching, yawning, and eating like a pig. But keep your scuppers dry, this is just an offer.

Keep watching the news about Wilma...I'm near Palmetto, just south of St. Petersburg. The boat is just south of Fort Myers, right in the path of Wilma. We'll try to schedule surveys just when she is due. OR NOT. If we are able to buy it, I'll try for a closing Dec. 2, after the hurricane season. Contingent on undamaged boat.
Fair winds, Neill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home